Tired of these broken, "TOY" hockey goals? Well, we have the best durable steel frames for your choice in Hockey Target.
According to the NHL website and the NHL Rulebook the hockey goal dimensions are as follows:
1. The goal posts extend vertically four feet (4') above the surface of the ice
2. The goals post are six feet (6') apart measured from the inside of the posts.
3. A cross bar extends from the top of one post to the top of the other.
4. All hockey nets are bright white, UV treated 6mm knotless nylon, with full trim base.
5. Skirting and Padding included to further protect the netting from pucks and skates.
The specifications of Official NHL Regulation Hockey Goal (4' high x 6' wide x 44"deep) is as belows.
For Hockey Goal Posts:
The goal posts shall be kept in position by means of flexible pegs affixed in the ice or floor. The flexible pegs shall be ten inches (10″) in length and bright lime green in color.
The goal posts shall be of approved design and material, extending vertically four feet (4′) above the surface of the ice and set six feet (6′) apart measured from the inside of the posts. A crossbar of the same material as the goal posts shall extend from the top of one post to the top of the other. See diagram below.
The goal posts and crossbar shall be painted in red and all other exterior surfaces shall be painted in white.
For Hockey Nets:
The strongest hockey nets on the market will give you everything you need to become the best sniper on and off the ice.
6mm Knotless Netting with complete padding including bottom cushions, back post cushions, net protectors and twine (Official NHL Standard).
Resin Coated Netting (for use outdoors) with complete padding including bottom cushions, back post cushions, net protectors and twine.
There shall be attached to each goal frame a net of approved design made of white nylon cord which shall be draped in such a manner as to prevent the puck coming to rest on the outside of it, yet strung in a manner that will keep the puck in the net.
A skirt of heavy white nylon fabric or heavyweight white canvas shall be laced around the base plate of the goal frame in such a way as to protect the net from being cut or broken. This protective padding must be attached in a manner that will not restrict the puck from completely crossing the goal line. This padding must be set back six inches (6”) from the inside of the goal post. This skirt shall not project more than one inch (1”) above the base plate.
The frame of the goal shall be draped with a nylon mesh net so as to completely enclose the back of the frame.
The net shall be made of three-ply twisted twine (6 mm diameter) or equivalent braided twine of multifilament white nylon with an appropriate tensile strength of 700 pounds.
The size of the mesh shall be two and one-half inches (2?”) (inside measurement) from each knot to each diagonal knot when fully stretched.
Knotting shall be made as to ensure no sliding of the twine. The net shall be laced to the frame with medium white nylon cord no smaller in size than No. 21.
Our goals are welded to perfection, brilliantly powder coated and trimmed with the finest nets and padding. If you're looking for an authentic hockey goal...this is the gold standard!
(1) The official hockey goal used by the NHL.
(2) 2 3/8″ O.D. steel tube for fronts.
(3) Regulation 4′ x 6′ opening.
(4) Powder coated red with option of white back (NHL standard).
(5) Comes complete with base and vertical post foam cushions, net protectors, and your choice of netting.
(6) Cushions and net protectors are made from state of the art vinyl, manufactured to be very durable and to withstand temperature extremes.
(7) White 600# knotless net - 6mm thick, NHL style netting trimmed for easy installation.
Hockey goal frames/netting are made of the highest quality materials.